Activity
1
Overall the Cyberguide Ratings covers all the criteria needed for evaluating a
website generally, however I think that
is all it does. I think it could also
ask about the level of language and whether or not the site will engage the
intended users. It needs educational
criteria added in.
The TL needs to consider
sets of criteria that include educational criteria.
Activity 2
Other things I would add
would be:
·
Is there a
sponsor of the site?
·
When was the
information collected? In addition to date last updated
·
Does it contain
a search function?
·
Is it
appropriate for use by students within a classroom.
Activity 3
I really liked Schrock, K. (2009b). The 5 Ws of website evaluation. Retrieved
July 6, 2012. As it can be taught to the students as
well as staff.
I would add :
·
Is it easy for all students to
navigate?
·
Will it motivate and engage the
students rather than distract
Are
there too many advertisements?I found two fabulous search engines for younger children and both are blocked by the DEC portal.
(Duck Duck Go & Twurdy.com) Twurdy ranks sites found according to reading levels and Duck Duck Go only shows a handful of results with children in mind on each page. Hallelujah!
No comments:
Post a Comment